It is estimated that around 10 million Americans suffer from hypothyroidism, with it most often striking women. It is a condition whereby the thyroid gland does not produce enough hormones. It is usually caused by Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, which is a condition in which the immune system targets the thyroid gland. Thus, the establishment considers it to be yet another “autoimmune disease”. In actuality, the immune system only attacks things which are detected to be toxic. Poisoned thyroid glands are very common, due to our modern diets.
The thyroid is furthermore suppressed by our constant intake of soy; an ingredient in the great majority of processed foods. Additionally, fluoride is extremely damaging to the thyroid. Until the 1970’s, doctors prescribed fluoride to patients with hyperthyroidism (an over-active thyroid), in order to cripple it. It was shown to be effective at a minuscule 2 mg. per day. People in the present are estimated to be consuming 2-10 mg. per day from tap water, Teflon (non-stick) pans, toothpaste, pharmaceuticals, infant formula, processed cereals and sodas. Hypothyroidism is also known to be caused by certain medications, such as lithium.
In order to treat hypothyroidism, the medical establishment prescribes synthetic hormone pills to patients, and they must continue taking them for the rest of their lives. This is because the drugs cause the body to stop producing its own thyroid hormones, in a similar way to diabetes drugs and insulin, thus ensuring perpetual consumers who will forever be reliant on ‘the system’. The tests for hypothyroidism are often unreliable, and multiple consecutive tests frequently produce differing results. So, some people are drugged for the rest of their lives for a disease that they did not actually have until they began the drug regimen. In a similar manner, those who have been taking pharmaceutical hormones are much harder to cure than those who did nothing, or those who turned to alternative medicine immediately. The safer, all-natural hormones were banned by the F.D.A., the very ones that were not addictive. It follows the usual pattern of creating drug addictions, such as in the cases of cholesterol medicine, diabetes medicine, cancer treatments, and anti-depressants.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
- Mood swings
- Cold sensitivity
- Weight gain
- Dry skin
- Brittle hair, skin, or fingernails
- Heavy or irregular menstrual periods
How To Cure Hypothyroidism
Please note that curing hypothyroidism requires a long term religious commitment for a period of at least a year. Creating this problem took years of self poisoning, so fixing it is neither quick, nor easy.
- Eliminate Soy: Soy suppresses thyroid function, imbalances hormones and has been shown to cause goiters (an enlargement of the thyroid gland) in previously healthy individuals.
- Adhere to an Alkaline Diet: This is extremely helpful when curing any chronic disease. Use our pH food chart to guide you on alkaline/acidic foods.
- Balance Estrogen Levels (Women): Excess estrogen slows down the thyroid gland. This means eliminating birth control medications, increasing the fiber in the diet, and avoiding all non-organic meats. Growth hormones in meats lead imbalance in the hormones. Reduce dairy intake, because milk often contains lots of estrogen; primarily because cows are milked frequently during pregnancy.
- Exercise: Without regular exercise, optimal health can never be reached. Find a physical activity that you enjoy, and do it often. We believe that exercise could half the cure time.
- L-Tyrosine: Tyrosine is a natural amino acid which helps the body produce its own thyroid hormone. This is also known to help with the depression, which usually accompanies hypothyroidism. Most naturopaths recommend 500 mg. taken 2-3 times day.
- L-Arginine: Arginine is known to stimulate the thyroid and its hormones. It also improves immune function, improves fertility, and alleviates erectile dysfunction.
- Avoid ALL SOURCES of Fluoride: As already mentioned, fluoride suppresses the thyroid, and is likely to be the leading cause of hypothyroidism. Drink spring water, avoid soft drinks, use fluoride-free toothpaste, use a shower filter, and throw away your non-stick pans.
- Eat a natural diet: To help your body to heal itself, you need to remove strains on its immune system. This means that all processed foods, artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, white flour, white sugar, “table” salt, hydrogenated oils, aluminum, high fructose corn syrup, and etc. should be eliminated from the diet. Organic food is always the ideal. Do not trust marketing that reads “All Natural”, because this phrase is unregulated, and thus anyone can use it for practically anything. Read the ingredients to verify.
- Iodine: The thyroid needs iodine to function properly, and lots of people now suffer from iodine deficiencies. To test yourself, place some Iodine (we use 2%) on your stomach. Make a dot the size of a silver dollar (or twice the size of a British 50p). If it disappears within 12 hours, then you are iodine deficient. Keep adding iodine in this way, until it no longer disappears in a 12-hour period. This works due to the fact that the body absorbs iodine at the rate at which it is needed. Do not use povidone-iodine and do not orally consume iodine. This is especially an important precaution for those with Hashimoto’s.
- Chlorophyll: Supplementing with chlorophyll provides essential copper, helps oxygenate the body, builds healthy red blood cells, and it overall assists with skin health. Chlorophyll is a safe method of orally supplementing with copper. Those who are using our Colloidal Copper Lotion are unlikely to need more copper.
- Pears: The ancient Chinese discovered that pears have a powerful tendency to balance hormones; especially in women. Try our pear juice recipe, and drink it regularly.
- Red Marine Algae: Red Marine Algae will increase your iodine intake safely. Fish is another safe source of iodine.
- Zinc and Selenium: Studies indicate that severe zinc or selenium deficiencies can cause decreased thyroid hormone levels. Never take zinc on an empty stomach.
- Coconut Oil: You should buy organic, cold pressed, coconut oil from a health food store. Take around 1 teaspoon of it daily. You can also use it to cook with, but be warned that it smokes at low cooking temperatures. Unlike most modern oils, its smoke is not poisonous. Coconut oil speeds the metabolism, encourages production of the thyroid hormone, and kills candida.
- Avoid Canola Oil: Canola oil interferes with the production of thyroid hormones, amongst its many other dangers. Treat canola oil like the God-forsaken, genetically engineered, poison that it is.
If depression due to hypothyroidism is a problem, you may wish to read our article on eliminating depression naturally: Special Investigative Report: L-tryptophan, Lactic Acid, Prozac and Naturally Treating Depression the Holistic Way
Chronic constipation can be addressed by adding additional dietary fiber such as psyllium to your diet. You will also want to take flax seed oil, and combine it with a high-sulfur food like cottage cheese. Flax seed oil is very helpful for those suffering with chronic constipation.
There is a lot of conflicting information on the internet regarding the application of iodine in those with Hashimoto’s, so it is prudent that we comment. Dosage is especially important in these cases, as the overdose of iodine can cause the thyroid to shut down completely. However, a small amount of iodine does help this condition. Problems occur in those who take potassium iodide supplements, and those who take internal iodine drops. However, we have not found any evidence of this in those who apply iodine transdermally. Remember that the transdermal application allows the body to regulate the absorption at its own rate.
Like all modern epidemics, hypothyroidism is created from a poor diet and lifestyle, and it will only be corrected when that changes. Hypothyroidism can be cured using the protocol above, but it will take time; just as it took time for this condition to occur. The protocol will give you freedom from the medical establishment, which would otherwise make you into a perpetual victim. Our recommendations are safer, cheaper, and dramatically more effective in the long term.